In the soon-to-be-released Best of Books by the Bed #1, the contributors’ bios are as entertaining as what they have to say about the books they’re reading. Here’s a random sampling of the bibliophiles you’ll encounter:
• A poet/journalist/photographer with a corporate mission statement book in its third printing. He’s also a salsa dancer.
• A fiction writer whose latest offering is an internationally loved historical novel about another internationally loved novelist.
• A Pennsylvania attorney who took a six month break from his practice to study writing. He’s been winning awards ever since.
• A crime writer with a “…superb psychological thriller” comment from James Ellroy.
• A bioengineer at UC Berkeley who serves as a science advisor for film and television.
• A self-proclaimed book bully who hosts a terrific blog of the same name.
• An MIT prof who’s won every major science fiction award multiple times.
• An ex-pat poet living in London who hosts a transatlantic online reading series.
• A book reviewer at the oldest continually operating book forum on the Net. She’s also a middle school librarian.
• A Pulitzer finalist whose latest book is a biography of the mother of ecology.
And this isn’t even half of the illustrious lineup from the Best of Books by the Bed #1 Table of Contents. In addition, there’s an appendix of books by the contributors, and a complete alphabetical listing of authors and books discussed by the contributors. Ooh ooh! And our personal favorite: About the Editors.