Twinka Thiebaud, daughter of American painter Wayne Thiebaud, acted as cook and caretaker of aging novelist Henry Miller for several years while working as an artist’s model (see Judy Dater’s “Imogen [Cunningham] and Twinka”). Her book, What Doncha Know? About Henry Miller, is a compilation of Miller’s conversations and Twinka’s memoirs about the years she spent with him.
Twinka says, “In place of a missing mate, tonight, I will sleep next to:”
• Always Merry and Bright: The Life of Henry Miller by Jay Martin
• Boyhood with Gurdjieff by Fritz Peters
• The Luminist by David Rocklin
• Enter Jeeves: 15 Early Stories by P.G. Wodehouse
• Different Images: Portraits of Remembered People by Hildegarde Flanner
• Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain